- 2010: University of Kansas: MA – Public Administration
- 2008: University of Dayton: BA – Political Science (Magna Cum Laude)
- Experienced in staffing meetings, recording minutes, nominal group technique.
- Attuned to local government communication and through the use of internet, video, and other interactive media resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, Google Apps, internet/email applications, HTML/CSS web languages, and Premiere Elements video editing software.
City of Springfield, OH – Deputy Economic Development Administrator: Feb. 2013 – Present
- Administer Enterprise Zone and Community Reinvestment Area programs
- Business retention and expansion
- Web and marketing as necessary
- Match growing/relocating businesses to people and properties that may assist and enhance their growth in the Springfield area
City of Mission, KS – Neighborhood Services Coordinator: Jan. 2010 – Feb. 2013
- Supervised the Code Enforcement Officer, code enforcement activities, community assistance programs, and prepared the Neighborhood Services budget.
- Researched, implemented, and administered the first Transportation Utility Fee in the State of Kansas. Administered Stormwater and Solid Waste Utility Fees.
- Converted City office productivity software to the Google Apps framework, trained employees, and consolidated IT administration with Johnson County, KS.
- Administered the City’s rental licensing and multifamily rental inspection programs.
- Developed Mission’s social media and internet presence on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and administered the city’s webpage.
- Served as staff liaison to the Sustainability Commission, drafted the Commission’s “Programs and Initiatives Plan,” and managed the City’s community garden.
- Participated in community budget meetings and the employee-led City Innovation Team.
City of Mission, KS – Administrative Intern: Jul. 2008 – Jan. 2010
- Developed the City’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory and Climate Action Plan.
- Assisted with implementation of new city-wide initiatives, including: new solid waste contract, stormwater utility fee, community garden, rain garden construction.
- Coordinated Mission’s effort to set the Guinness World Record for “Largest Painting Made with Footprints” as part of the City’s annual Arts & Eats Festival.
- Developed an RFP for new printing equipment for City Hall and oversaw the bidding process.
Mathile Family Foundation – Intern: Jun. 2007 – May 2008
- Responsible for research initiatives across a variety of subjects, including Catholic Schools revitalization.
- Accompanied full-time staff members on site visits to conduct due diligence on grant projects
- Organized grantee forms and information and entered them into the filing system
- Provided general office support and assistance for tasks such as filing, copying, and proofreading
City of Dayton, OH – Commission Office Intern: Feb. 2007 – Aug. 2007
- Collaborated with other city staff and community leaders to develop, create, and implement the “Summer in the City” intern program and research legislative initiatives on the local, state, and federal level and their impacts on the City.
HONORS & EXTRACURRICULARS
August 2013: Published article “Overlooking Your Website?” in Public Management Magazine
January 2012: Published article “Toward Utility Fees” in Public Management Magazine
May 2010: KUCIMAT R. Scott Brooks award for dedication to public service
September 2009: Guinness World Record – Largest Painting Made with Footprints